🌍 Why we do, what we do 🥩
Climate change and biodiversity loss are accelerating and threatening the foundations of our lives. Food and especially meat are major emitters of greenhouse gases. Aren’t we all aware of it? Yet we often give in to our cravings and choose meat instead of sustainable alternatives. And did you know: global meat consumption is growing massively!
We are convinced that irresistible pleasure, not compromise, is key to change this. The world needs new food, so delicious that billions of people indulge in eating whilst saving the planet as a positive side effect.
Let’s build this positive future together. There is no time to loose. Join us now!
👩🌾 How you can contribute
As our new Food Safety, Quality Management and Regulatory Manager you will be accountable for the continuous development and implementation of our food safety & quality management at Project Eaden, from ensuring our products and suppliers meet our stringent requirements, our lab and production operating in accordance to the right standards and ensuring the food safety and regulatory compliance along the whole supply chain. In addition you will be driving synergies in risk mitigation and best practice sharing across the Project Eaden team.
🛠 Your accountabilities
- Set up a governance structure to ensure high level standards across all distribution centres
- Define all FSQA requirements and ensure that they are fully understood, executed, and implemented in all parts of our organisation - this includes internal stakeholders as well as our suppliers and service partners
- Evaluate, develop, realign and communicate our quality and food safety programs to ensure their ongoing effectiveness at risk mitigation & enhanced quality, utilising data analytics to justify change and projects
- Build strategic relationships with industry stakeholders & authorities, representing the company when required
- Following the data, whether from R&D team, production or by root cause analysis - you will develop and implement sustainable corrective/preventative actions
- Drive standards and processes throughout our operations, standardising approach and sharing best practice
- Consult during innovation projects regarding feasibility and compliance
- Keep up to date with new legislation and industry practices ensuring Project Eaden incorporates industry leading thinking in to our systems and processes
- Elevate, drive and embed a food safety and quality culture throughout all teams
☯ You are a good fit if you …
- Proven experience in Food Safety and Quality (3+ years), ideally with both manufacturing and retail experience
- Experience building strategies with demonstrated ability to drive and implement change across the organization
- Clear track record of developing and implementing programs/projects to improve product quality
- In-depth knowledge of food safety systems, HACCP
- Significant knowledge of German government regulations, including experience working with IFS or other GFSI recognized certifications
- Internal and External Audit experience are beneficial
- Team player attitude
- Continuous improvement & impact maker mindset
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Superb data analysis capabilities
- Energy, enthusiasm, commitment, and a can-do flexible attitude
- German and English professional proficiency
⛔️ You don’t fit well if you …
- like strict hierarchies and rigid administrative processes.
- need to have someone telling you exactly what to do.
- are scared by the idea of growing from a handful to 40+ people within 24 months.
💌 Why you should apply now
- We have just started. We can build everything from scratch without any legacy or constraints!
- Some of the brightest minds believe in us. We are backed by top tier VCs and awesome angels (happy to share details once we talk)
- The time is now! It’s the beginning of a new era. Food is undergoing a massive transformation. Let’s make sustainable food so irresistible that millions of consumers switch away from meat, fast!
🦄 A word on Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We believe in equal opportunities for all. We embrace diversity in every aspect – as long as we share some basic values and can align on Eaden’s purpose. Please apply as we are open to everyone independent of age, color, national origin, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
🏯 Culture & Office
We are about to build something massive, a gentle giant. Our team will be distributed internationally in two to three years from now. Therefore, everything also needs to work remotely. However, in the beginning we strongly believe that culture and team spirit benefits from working most time together at one place, in our beautiful office and kitchen-laboratory.
🏇🏻 Let’s get this started! Apply now!