Climate change and biodiversity loss are accelerating and threatening the foundations of our lives. Food, especially meat, is a major cause of greenhouse gas emissions. We know it, yet all too often we give in to our cravings and choose meat instead of sustainable alternatives. And did you know: global meat consumption is growing massively!
We are convinced that irresistible pleasures, not compromise, are key to changing people’s ways. What the world needs is new food, so delicious that billions of people indulge in eating it, saving the planet as a beneficial side effect.
There’s no time to lose. Join us now and let’s build this positive future together!
As our Mechanical / Mechatronics Engineer you will develop concepts and mechatronic machinery for prototyping. You will be working closely as part of the engineering team.
🛠 YOUR ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Developing of machines for the production of fiber and plant based meat analogs, from scratch until serial maturity
- Generating, maintaining and improving specifications and requirements for multiple prototype machinery and industrial scale
- Developing and implementing functional components for production machines as well as complete food grade production lines
- Hands-on manufacturing components in metal and polymer (e.g., CNC machining, additive manufacturing, etc)
- Preparing of 2D and 3D technical drawings, confidently manage projects with external partners
- Conducting, evaluating, and presenting of feasibility studies on plant-based textile manufacturing techniques
☯ YOU ARE A GOOD FIT IF …
- You have a tertiary qualification (e.g. Bachelor, MSc) in mechanical/ production/ mechatronics engineering or similar
- You have 3+ years of professional experience in mechanics / mechatronics design of production and assembly systems
- You bring strong experience and knowledge in product or process development methodology
- You have solid experience in CAD-modeling and design for manufacture (e.g. Catia, Autodesk, Solidworks, etc.)
- You have strong knowledge in manufacturing metal and polymer components, ideally experienced within a highly regulated industries such as pharma, space or food
- You have vast hands-on experience and thrive in a workshop environment (from using hand tools to CNC machining)
- You bring solid analytical, communicational and organizational skills, and have fun making innovative ideas reality
- Oh, and knowledge in textile and composite manufacturing techniques is a plus ;)
💌 WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY NOW
- We have just started. We can build everything from scratch without any legacy or constraints!
- Some of the brightest minds believe in us. We are backed by top tier VCs and awesome angels (happy to share details once we talk)
- The time is now! It’s the beginning of a new era. Food is undergoing a massive transformation. Let’s make sustainable food so irresistible that millions of consumers switch away from meat, fast!
🦄 A WORD ON DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
We believe in equal opportunities for all. We embrace diversity in every aspect – as long as we share some basic values and can align on Eaden’s purpose. Please apply as we are open to everyone independent of age, color, national origin, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
🏯 WORKSPACE AND CULTURE
We’re about to build something massive – a gentle giant. In around two to three years’ time we’ll have an internationally distributed team, which is why everything has to work remotely. For starters, though, we strongly believe that our culture and team spirit will benefit from spending most of our time together at one workplace, our beautiful office and kitchen-laboratory.
🏇🏻 LET’S GET THIS STARTED. APPLY NOW!