Climate change and biodiversity loss are accelerating and threatening the foundations of our lives. Food, especially meat, is a major cause of greenhouse gas emissions. We know it, yet all too often we give in to our cravings and choose meat instead of sustainable alternatives. And did you know: global meat consumption is growing massively!
We are convinced that irresistible enjoyment, not compromise, are key to changing people’s ways. What the world needs is new food, so delicious that billions of people indulge in eating it, saving the planet as a beneficial side effect.
There’s no time to lose. Join us now and let’s build this positive future together!
Are you a maestro of product innovation?
We're seeking a visionary Senior Food Chemist to be a driving force in our journey towards redefining the future of food. If you're passionate about creating exceptional culinary experiences and are excited to be part of a fast-paced startup environment, we would love to hear from you!
Your deep expertise in food science and food chemistry for focus topics such as color change, color optimisation, complex flavour profiles, flavour delivery, flavour stabilisation, etc. will be instrumental in crafting products that captivate our customers and establish PROJECT EADEN with its unique fibertechnology as a trailblazer in the industry.
You will develop mind-blowing steaks and other meat alternatives out of plant-based proteins to shape our product range. You are accountable for …
- Research and Innovation: Develop cutting-edge formulations and methodologies to enhance the flavour and color profiles of plant-based meat alternatives and to make them truly enjoyable. Deliver realistic sensory profiles along the entire experience, from smell and taste to chew perception. In addition, drive color innovations that convey natural color gradients and color changes upon various ways of preparing our products.
- Product development integration: Work closely and in a cross-functional way with our product development and process engineering experts to integrate your innovative formulations into current and new food products.
- State-of-the-art knowledge: Stay up-to-date with industry innovation and ensure compliance with food safety. Conduct continuous market research to identify emerging trends in formulation innovations, new ingredients and processing methodologies.
- Management of external relationships: Manage collaborations with external partners (e.g., academic institutions, laboratories, consultants, etc.) and suppliers to source sustainable, high-quality and differentiating ingredients.
- Talent development: Provide mentorship and guidance to junior food scientists and technologists and help the team to further grow their understanding of food chemistry.
At Project Eaden, we recognise and value continuous professional growth. Depending on your experience and background, we are open to evolving this role into a lead position.
☯ You are a good fit if …
- You are passionate about science and food, digging deep without losing sight of what’s important for the business.
- You test hypotheses with targeted, quick experiments to assess the general viability of ideas and concepts to ensure efficient use of time and resources.
- You love to make distant goals tangible through detailed planning and give your all to make your diligent plans work out.
- You can communicate effectively with external partners to source new materials and meet tight deadlines.
- You are open-minded to and excited by the prospect of being part of a diverse team with a variety of different cultural and technical backgrounds.
🧠 Your knowledge, skills and experience
- MSc in Food Chemistry or related discipline (e.g. Biochemistry, Food Technology, Chemical Engineering, etc.)
- 5+ years experience in food R&D or prototype product development in the food industry, ideally in the field of plant-based alternatives
- Deep experience in flavour and/or color development
- In-depth knowledge about raw materials, ingredients and their interaction; specifically about plant proteins and lipids and their texturization
- Knowledge of DoE, analytical and experimental testing methodologies within the food industry
- Hands-on experience in: ideation, rigorous experimental testing of new formulations, ingredient functionality evaluation, and/or analytical characterisation and prototyping
- Proven track record of successfully leading projects in multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
💌 Why you should apply now
- We have just started. We can build everything from scratch without any legacy or constraints!
- Some of the brightest minds believe in us. We are backed by top tier VCs and awesome angels (happy to share details once we talk)
- The time is now! It’s the beginning of a new era. Food is undergoing a massive transformation. Let’s make sustainable food so irresistible that millions of consumers switch away from meat, fast!
🦄 A word on Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We believe in equal opportunities for all. We embrace diversity in every respect. The most important thing is that we all share the same basic values and can align on Eaden’s purpose. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, irrespective of age, colour, national origin, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or marital status.
🏯 Workspace and culture
We’re about to build something massive – a gentle giant. In around two to three years’ time we’ll have an internationally distributed team, which is why everything has to work remotely. For starters, though, we strongly believe that our culture and team spirit will benefit from spending most of our time together at one workplace, our beautiful office and kitchen-laboratory.
🏇🏻 Let’s get this started! Apply now!